Perform student assessment to identify the adaptive equipment needs, assist student in using the equipment and teach the student (new or experienced) to ski or snowboard.
- Intermediate skier or rider
- Minimum age of 18
- Experience with teaching snow sports preferred, but not required
- Desire and/or previous experience working with people with disabilities
If no previous snowsports teaching experience, you must attend all of the following sessions:
- Complete the 3-day Liberty Mountain Resort Instructor Training Clinic. To register, contact Cathy Hoffman or 717-642-8282, ext. 3399.
- Classroom session: December 2, 2017, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- On-snow sessions: December 9 & 10, 2017, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Dates are weather dependent.
- Cost: $50. The fee will be reimbursed when you complete your first year commitment.
If have previous snowsports teaching experience:
- Attend Liberty’s Returning Instructors on-snow training on either December 16 and 17, 2017 (8:00 am – 4:30 pm) at Liberty.
Orientation session: Attend 1-day event with indoor and on-snow components at Liberty Mountain Resort, 9:30 am – 3:30 pm. Choose one date to attend:
- December 29, 2017
- January 6, 2018
- January 7, 2018
After meeting the training requirements, you will apprentice with an experienced instructor for most of the first season before teaching lessons as the lead instructor.
After meeting training requirements, instructors must volunteer for a minimum of 12 days of lessons on weekends and holidays during the season.
Download and fill out our volunteer form: